April - September
Best time to travel
April - September
7 - 10 days
Minimum Age *
from 6 years
Activity Level **
SOUTHERN NORWAY FAMILY ADVENTURE
- the UNESCO listed industrial heritage of Rjukan set in a dramatic mountain and river valley scenery
- take the funicular railway Gaustabanen to the top of Gaustatoppen
- enjoy a relaxing journey on the historic Telemark Canal
- get active around the mighty Hardangerfjord, the "Queen of Fjords"
- fun outdoor activities in magnificent scenery all along the way
This Southern Norway itinerary will take your family to the beautiful Telemark region and the area around the mighty Hardangerfjord along the Western Coast. Visit the UNESCO listed town of Rjukans set on the foot of the Gausatoppen Mountain, take a historic boat journey through the locks on the Telemark Canal and experience outdoor fun and action including cycling, rafting and kayaking along the the beautiful shores of the impressive Hardangerfjord. Enjoy the traditional and idyllic countryside of the Telemark and be blown away by the spectacular scenery and breath-taking views along Fjord Norway.
Day 1 - arrival - overnight in Rjukan
Day 2 - funicular railway Gaustabanen to Gausatoppen - overnight in Rjukan (20km)
Day 3 - historic boat tour on the Telemark Canal - Activity Park Eidsborg - overnight Telemark Canal area (150km)
Day 4 - cycling or hiking tour in Røldal - overnight Røldal area (120km)
Day 5 - kayaking in the Hardangerfjord - overnight Eidfjord (120km)
Day 6 - white water jumping or family rafting - overnight in Eidfjord (20km)
Day 7 - Hardangerfjord - Bergen - overnight in Bergen (160km)
Day 8 - departure
- accommodation in hotels, farms & guesthouses
- private car hire for the entire trip
- activities, visits and tours as outlined with a certified, English speaking guide where desired/required
- all taxes and insurances for the activities
- expert travel planning, trip preparation and 24/7 on-tour support
* The minimum age is based on the minimum age necessary for children to participate in most activities. Some activities might require a higher minimum age, which will specified in each individual proposal. Younger kids are of course welcome on each tour and itineraries can be tailored accordingly.
** The activity level is based on the amount of tours and activities included (1 - few tours and activities with a lot of free time, 5 - a lot of tours and activities with little free time). The activity level does not reflect the difficulty of the activities or tours included. Itineraries can be tailored to match the preferred level of activity.
Family Adventure Tours